Wednesday 15 January 2014

Two thousand words and counting......

2,066 words to be precise.  It's great news when this happens.

After a few days of avoidance tactics, eg, transferring dates from a 2014 diary I don't like to a new 2014 diary and then to my phone; or spending ages on Google looking at funky stationery for my new writing shed; or spending ages looking at pictures of the floods on Twitter; or trying to fix the tumble dryer with sellotape and blue tack; or buying a new dryer from John Lewis after reading several reviews of the best dryers to buy; or "browsing" Facebook; or updating Good Read etc, or looking for cheap coffee machines on the internet.......

So avoidance tactics:

Cats (read dogs in my case) are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is a near-perfect method of writing avoidance
Dan Greenburg  (see Faithful Hound below)

I remember reading somewhere about an organization called Procrastinators Anonymous. I think they had been in existence for some years but had never gotten around to having a meeting. Anon.

I love being a writer.  What I can't stand is the paperwork.  ~Peter De Vries

Did I really just Google quotes about avoidance?

You get my point.

So you can imagine my excitement when I came down here today and actually wrote solidly for two hours with a good well written output of 2,066 and a clear idea about the next chapter.  So, why aren't I writing the next chapter?

Good question. Ummmm.....


My great distraction.....




No comments:

Post a Comment